Hello beautiful friends ! We are looking for mindful , heart centered , kind land steward to join our sacred land .
The cost is 850 per month for the space and up to 850 per month can be traded. We pay $20 per hour / work must be done before reduction is applied. Deposit of 850 required at move in. Utilities additional.
You can work elsewhere part time but must have a flexible schedule and prioritize land needs .
On a personal level someone with whom we really get along with is important . Qualities include good communication skills , ability to follow direction and leadership , self motivated , good at working alone or in a group , comfortable with direct communication styles , inspired, and joyful . Someone who enjoys children being on the land and is open to connection . Someone who has a minimalist lifestyle. Someone who understands sacred space and has a good meditation practice .
This 18 foot camper has its own kitchen, living space and half bathroom. We had a land steward in that space for 18 months who did a work trade and are open to this scenario again . It is currently empty and ready for our next steward. Our work trade option includes an array of tasks including land stewarding, fire mitigation, wood chopping, garden planting and tending, animal tending, assisting with building projects and support with cabin guests when needed.
For work trade we are looking for someone who has experience in the following areas: Organic Farming , permaculture, light handy man and building , temple building, mindfulness, meditation and holding sacred space.
Work skills desired:
- Regenerative living
- permaculture experience in the Rocky Mountains
- Growing food / gardening
- Land tending
- Light building
- Structure maintenance
- Retreat support
- Experience in creating composting systems
- Herbal knowledge
- Healing arts
- Forest gardens
Tasks will include : gardening, occasional pet care , retreat support, land tending , harvesting, wood chopping , assisting in various building projects, cleaning, creating composting toilet system, care of retreat cabin , help with cabin guests when needed
BEFORE CONTACTING ME PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
1. Read about our sanctuary and mission here.
2. Watch our documentary here (scroll to bottom of page).
3. Use the contact form on the website and please share your skills sets and answer as many of these questions as possible.
- Why should you be considered for this opportunity?
- What are your gifts/talents and how do they align with the vision here?
- What inspires you about the mission of the land?
- How do you see contributing to the vision, the land and its projects?
- What is your lifestyle?
- What are your greatest inspirations in life?
- What does it mean to you to live sustainably and in a regenerative way?
- How do you personally listen and receive wisdom from land and nature?
- What are your challenges and opportunities for growth?
- How do you live in community and what does that mean to you?
- What practices do you use to center and self realize?